Friday, February 3, 2012

Off to the estate sale

We arrived last night. The flight was good. Barb, Arts sister from another mother (really his cousin) was at the hotel and had set up snacks and drinks. We visited for a while and then off to bed.

Today Art, Barb and I had a continental breakfast at the hotel and visited. We eventually made our way to the estate sale. There were a lot of people there. I think I was surprised how many people were there......and buying. I think the sale is a huge success. The folks Art hired to do the sale are doing a fabulous job. When we walked into the office, there was a picture of Patty on the shelf. Then her wedding outfit was draped across her bed. It choked me up so I can only imagine how Art felt. The realtor stopped by with good news. Looks like the house will be sold by the end of the month. What a relief for Art. He has spent a lot of time and energy on it.

Art, Barb and I went to lunch and shoe shopping. We all bought some new shoes. Then off to Pikes. The weather was just perfect. We had a great afternoon.

Had dinner with friends of Harry and Patty. Then we all went back to Barbs room and visited. We had a great visit. Now off to bed.

No comments: