Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Doing New

I feel so Art. When I get something new to wear, I can hardly wait to wear it. Oft times I have it on before I even get home. O.K. that only applies to shoes, hats or outerwear. Contrarily so when Art gets something new to wear he sticks it in his closet never to see the light of day until he really needs it. Sometimes that can take up to a couple of years. Seriously the kids can sign my voucher on that one. Anyway if you recall I got some new shoes from New Balance last year. Well one pair of shiny white slip-ons were tucked away. Now before you get a carried away thinking I have so many shoes that I didn't know I had them let me put those thoughts right out of your head. I put them away knowing I would have them for this spring. Yes I gave up on spring and decided to wear them. I kept getting them out and looking at them and then thought I would wait for spring but spring isn't springing so yesterday I got them out. It was such an Art thing to do. But here is what I decided. I like the way I do new best. Get something new.........wear it right away. It is fun to get something new and why wait. Seriously why wait?

By the way ..... I only got three new pairs of shoes this month and I got rid of 27. Now that is progress.

3 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

27?!?!?! Holy smokes, Myrna. Yes, Yes, wear things right away.

Trixie L'Amour said...

Intersting!!! I think I am on Art's side here.....not intentionally, but I do realize that sometimes I get something new and don't wear it or use it for quite awhile.........hmmmmmmm I wonder what that says??????
Little white slips ons.....how very lovely!!!

cricket said...

27!!! Your closet is depleted...time for more shoes!!!!