Thursday, March 12, 2009

Portland Weekend

Last week Brent, MaryKate, and Miss R invited me to go with them to Portland. My nephew recently returned from serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints so we went to see him and his family. I had such a grand time. The ride over was enjoyable even with the snow. I can say that because Brent drove and I could just sit back and relax. And that was good because the snow was wicked crazy. I have never seen it like that before and hope to never again. We left home about 6:30 p.m. in the evening and drove straight to Portland. We were going to stop half way and spend the night but we just kept going. Miss R and I watched Superwhy and KungFu Panda. The next morning MaryKate ended up in the ER but is just fine (thank heavens!). And when the shock wears off I think she will be even better. My sister and nephew picked Miss R and myself up and we went to their house. We were later joined by Brent and MaryKate. We played guitar hero for a while and then my nephew borrowed Rock Band from a friend and he, Brent, and I took every opportunity to play. My sister and niece even took a turn and being the lead singer. I am a huge fan and it is now on my wish list. We also went shopping and I bought a new coat and yes a pair of shoes. I can't go out of town and not buy a new pair of shoes. That would be terrible. Anyway we did a lot of visiting and ate some really good food. On Sunday my nephew gave his report. He did a fabulous job. I really enjoyed it. My sister and niece sang with a couple of other girls and another woman. My sister has a little group that she sings with (the lil smokies) and the other woman is in her group and the girls are the daughters of the other women. They sounded beautiful. Then my brother in law was ordained and elder. Way cool to witness. It is always fun to visit the Taylors. They are so hospitable and incredibly fun. Then we headed home. Visiting on the way home was fun. Sadly I returned to find my dear Art sick. Oh dear. But I had such a good time and am so thankful Brent and MaryKate invited me along. So a big thanks to them and a big thanks to the Taylors for the hospitality and good time.

2 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

It is the Taylors who thank you for coming to visit us! We are kind of out of the way for visitors, and it is ALWAYS a wonderful, wonderful treat to have the Bergs here.....we're sorry to hear about Art, but send our best wishes!
We love you all.......

cricket said...

Sooo....does the coat and shoes match??