Friday, April 30, 2010

Getting Ready for the New Appliances

New washer and dryer coming.......oh dear I need to get ready. Being auction night I prepared for the new washer and dryer. I asked Art if there was a trick or anything I needed to know in removing the old appliances to which he said no. First let me say he can say that as he is so familiar with it, there is no trick or anything to know for him.
I found two handcarts, one completely full of stuff and one that wasn't too full. I opted for the less full. This proved to be a bad choice as it had a flat tire. Well.....I used it anyway. I got the dryer to the door way only to discover it wouldn't fit with the door on. OK now I had take the door off. Of coarse the pins were stuck so after several trips to the garage trying various tools I finally got the door removed. Whew! the dryer was out. Now for the washer. Let me just pause here and say it is probably a good thing the washer is so heavy because I think if I could lift it, I would have pitched it out the window. Anyway after struggling to get the hose connections to the water supply loose I thought I had it whipped. But as I stated the handcart I was using had a flat tire and the washer was so heavy that it tipped and more water came spilling out..............yes all over my drying carpet. In the words of Miss R..."dang it". So I had to clean up that mess. But I got the room ready for the new appliances with much excitement and anticipation. When Art got home from the auction he found me struggling with the handrail so he took it down for me. We are all set.

No comments: