Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh No It is a FLOOD

Wednesday started off as a normal day. On this Wednesday, my Miss R was coming to spend the day. I decided to get the wash started early so before she came I started a load of wash. Even though she was very much awake when she arrived, she wanted to lay in my bed and watch cartoons. This is a favorite treat of hers. So we climbed in bed and watched 2 episodes of Dora the Explorer. Then we had breakfast and played a little. I forgot about the wash.

I told her I need to get Megamans birthday package ready to mail, so down the stairs we went. As I stepped off the stairs my foot was immediately covered in water. I yelled “Oh NO, Oh NO, Oh No”. Miss R asked what was wrong. I told her not to step off the stairs but she did and her feet were covered. I said “on no it is a flood to which she put her hand up to her forehead and in a disgusted voice simply stated “OH DANG IT”. She took the words right out of my mouth. She repeated this several times throughout the day. I ran to the washer and water was pouring out. As you know the washer is suppose to shut the water off after the tub is full. Well it didn’t. Oh horrors!!! It had done that a couple of times before but I caught it before it got bad but not this time and it was bad.

I hurried and picked up things off the floor and tried to assess the damage. Fortunately it only soaked the game room, the bathroom, the storage close,t furnace closet, and the closet in the spare bedroom. But soaked it did.

Art was attending an important conference so I knew I couldn’t call him so I fired off an email asking him to call me first chance he got. He thought someone had died or was in the hospital so he immediately called. I asked where fans could be located as I didn’t want to take Miss R out to the garage maze to look and I can’t even make it to the third bay without having to clear a path first so I was hoping he could tell me where to find fans without having to do that. Success. He said there were two fans in the storage shed in the backyard. Well yes there were two fans but only one worked so I had to keep moving it around the room. I got my carpet shampooer and it sucked the water up out of the carpet. The bad part of that was I could only go a short distance and it was completely full and had to be emptied so it took me about 6 hours. I was praying the whole time I would be able to save the carpet. I also knew some of the sheet rock was wet and I only had one fan so I got the hair dryer out and used it on the sheet rock. Whew it worked, it was just time consuming

Just as I thought it couldn’t get any worse…………..it did. Art said to open the windows so the moisture would have an escape. This was a great idea in theory. When I opened the window in the game room the thought came to me this is a bad idea as there is no screen on the window. But I don’t always follow my instincts when I am stressed. Well as I was sucking water out of the carpet I heard a familiar sound and out of the corner of my eye saw a flutter……………………….on dang it, it was a bird. I grabbed a pillow and started to chase it. I needed it to fly back out of the window and not fly up the stairs. Well when I started to chase the bird, it got scared……………….yes it pooped. I couldn’t believe it. Now not only did I have a flood, I had a poopy flood. Talk about a crappy deal.

Anyway I got it cleaned up and Miss R was so great and made me laugh all day.

1 comment:

Mrs. Doctor said...

So glad it was you not me. Just kidding!