Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fun Weekend

I had a fun weekend. It started Friday morning when I went to see Miss R's dance recital. It was so cute and Miss R did a great job. Then in the afternoon Art and I drove to Idaho Falls to see my parents. We arrived to find all well. Art had the trunk loaded with goodies. We took flowers, remote controlled boats and a snow blower. The folks were most gracious to accept the goodies.

We had a great visit. Art and I slept out on the patio. I say patio because technically it IS the patio but it is set up like a bedroom.....carpeted and all. It is so cozy and nice and the bed is extra comfortable. Definitely not your average patio. On Saturday I dragged my mom shopping but she was a good sport to humor me. I wanted to get a new pair of pajamas. We went all over. I found the perfect pair. They were exactly what I wanted the only thing wrong with them was the price. I just didn't want to pay what they were asking. I finally decided to go back and get them. I have looked at all the stores at home and couldn't find anything close and these were exactly what I wanted. After shopping, we had a little snack to hold us over until the delicious roast beef dinner was ready. After stuffing myself to the gills Art and my dad went fishing and my mom and I went to the movie theater. Art and my dad caught a lot of chubs (no trout) so I am sure the birds had quite the feast this morning.

I ate way to much this weekend (my mom is a fabulous cook)and had a great visit. Now Art and I are back home reminiscing about the great time and fabulous hospitality. We can't wait to go back. I always enjoy being with my mom and dad. They are so much fun to be around and I don't get to see them nearly as often as I wish.

1 comment:

cricket said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!