Saturday, July 28, 2012

They ARE Green

Ok no one likes a whiner or a ranter so I will let you stop reading right here.   I just have to get this off my chest.  My eyes are GREEN NOT BLUE!!!  I have had them all my life and I KNOW what color they are.

When I was a little girl, I had a boy tease me unmercifully about the color of my green eyes.  He would get other kids to tease me as well.  It was awful.  I would have given anything to change the color of my "cat eyes".  I tried as best as I could to never let on how much it hurt my feelings being teased about it.  I endured.  Because I hid my feelings so well as the school years past this boy became a friend.  But on occasion he would still tease me.   As time went on instead of teasing, I received compliments.  I have complete strangers come up to me and compliment my eyes.  Unfortunately, the damage of being teased was done.  Whenever someone said something about my eyes, all the feelings from being teased resurfaced.  You can only imagine my shock, when at my 25th high school reunion this boy now a man and his wife came up to me and his wife  looked at me turned to her husband and said "Oh my yes you are right".  Confused at this comment I said "excuse me?" and she said her husband told her all the time that he went to school with a girl that had the most beautiful and captivating eyes of anyone in the world. WHAT?!  I slugged him in the arm and asked him why he teased me so if he thought that.  He said he did that because he had a huge crush on me.  He truly had no idea that it bothered me. That idiot!

With that story you can understand, even to this day when someone says something about my eyes it brings up old feelings.   But the kicker of all is now some people say you have beautiful blue eyes.  I usually just let it go but when they keep going on and on I say thanks but they are green.  Then they have to argue they are blue.  You would think that after all these years and all the years of teasing for having green eyes I would know what color they are but apparently not.   I could relate loads of stories (some funny) about things people have said but I won't  just let me say my eyes are GREEN not blue.

There .......... now I feel better.

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Bad day? Could be worse, you could be asked at least once a day if you were born on Christmas. ;-) Love ya! Oh, and I believe you......

Trixie L'Amour said...

Wait.....Mrs. Doctor! You WEREN'T born on Chrismtas? WHAT?!?!??!?!?