Saturday, October 6, 2012

It's Painted

Whew!  The big job is done.  Art was really dreading the painting job.  He was dreading doing it and I was worried we wouldn't like it.  I always worry about what I pick.  First off, I have a hard time deciding and then once I do I continually second guess myself.  Knowing we would have to live we this for a looong time, I wanted to make sure it would be a good color.  

I have been looking at a lot of houses and I found myself really liking a dark brown.  It is a color that is out of character for me.  Even Art said it was a color he would never guess me picking.  But I found the particular color I had been admiring and we steamed ahead with it.  Art and I really like it.  People walking by have stopped and complimented it. That helps assure me it is ok.  Only one person has voiced not liking it.  Oh well. 

It is interesting.  Depending on how the light shines on it, the color looks anywhere from brown, dark brown, light brown, and a army green hue.   

Now I am wanting to get a little patio love seat or a couple of chairs to put on the front porch. The green ones just look out of place.  Oh it is aways something isn't it?


Before
After




2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

WOW!!!!!!! Looks fantastic!

Trixie L'Amour said...

LOVE it! I think you chose very wisely....it looks wonderful!