Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Love Love Love Ben Stein

About a month ago the Buddy called to see what we were doing on October 9.   He had an invitation we couldn't refuse.  He told us Ben Stein was going to be in town as a guest speaker for the Boise Metro Chamber and his work had some seats available at their table.  Knowing how much we love Ben Stein he invited us to be his guests.  He had to work the show and couldn't sit with us but MK sat with us along with some of the great folks the Buddy works with.  

It was an awesome night.  They had a silent and live auction at the event. They auctioned off Kellen Moore's signed Detroit Lion's jersey and a signed BSU football.  The football was signed by all of last years Seniors (many have been drafted by NFL teams).  I told the Buddy I was prepared to bid $1000 on that lot.  HA HA the problem I was prepared to but Art was not prepared for me to.  Oh I cannot tell you how I wished I had a $1000 to bid on that lot. And that is what the winning bid was.... $1000. 

Ben's speech was as usual spectacular.  He is an incredible speaker and so witty.  I could listen to him speak for hours.  His speech was very witty, insightful, and thought provoking. It his speech he said "I just love love love Idaho"  well I just love love love Ben Stein.  I miss his show "Win Ben Stein's Money" with Jimmy Kimmel.  Afterwards, Art and I got to meet Ben and he shook our hands and signed our programs.  He was just so down to earth and gracious.  Don't know how I could enjoy him more but I do.  

I have to mention, we had a great dinner as well.  They served steak and shrimp.  MK isn't much of a shrimp eater......ok she doesn't eat it at all.  Worked well for me, she gave me hers.  

The only thing that would have made the evening better was to have the Buddy with us and not working.  It was ................AWESOME! 

Here are a few pics.








1 comment:

Trixie L'Amour said...

I loved "Win Ben Stein's Money"
You lucky ducks!!!!!!