Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday Art

Happy Birthday to Art.  The day started early .  How early you ask.  5:15 am.  It was a crazy night.  About 3:00 am we were waken by a loud bank.  We have an adjoining room and I don't know what they were up to but they banged the adjoining  door a few times.  Then at 5:15 there was banging on our door.  A lot of banging.  I finally got up, looked through the peep hole and saw a man standing there. I noticed he didn't have a shirt on and then I realized he was in his underwear. ( I don't even want to know).  I hollered throught the door "wrong room" and he staggered off. Art said I wonder what two things will happen tonight. We seem to be on a roll.

We decided to walk the strip......go to the M&M store.  For some reason this town turns us around.  We didn't go the way we should have so it took us a lot longer to walk there and it was the back roads.  Oh well....we made it.  What a sea of people.  It was hard to walk the streets it was so crowded.  We found the quick way back to the hotel. 

We took a nap.  Art is feeling all better. I am so glad.  Even his color returned.  Throughout the day, he got birthday wishes from his peeps.  It was awesome!

We went the RIO hotel.  We had a great dinner there.  The restaurant was located on the 50th floor.  It was floor to ceiling windows all the way around.   The views were awesome. We had the filet mignon. It was so good.  It was the best filet mignon I have ever eaten.  Mine was cooked just perfect and the flavor was out of the world.  They brought Art cake for his birthday.  It was a layered carrot spice cake.  He was too full to eat it.  Too bad because he really likes that kind of cake.  After dinner we stepped out on the balcony and both caught a terrible chill. We about shivered our teeth loose.  We headed in and bought hooded jackets.  

We played a little craps on a machine.  It is a new machine and you push a button and these giant dice are rolled. It was really fun and you get to sit playing it......bonus.

Off to Penn and Teller. It deserves it's own post, so I will post when I have more time.  But I will say it was very enjoyable and we even got our picture taken with Penn. stay tuned............

No comments: