Saturday, March 29, 2014

Low-key is what is was

Today was pretty low-key.  Art didn't feel well most of the day.  We didn't go to breakfast until 10:30. I had a delicious omelette but Art just had some coffee and toast.  After eating we came back to the room and Art dozed the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon. Poor guy!! I feel bad for him.

We did sit outside for about a half hour and then walked across the street to another hotel.  Art was a little hungry by then so we stopped and he ate some apple pie and ice cream.  Then we headed back to the room so he could rest.

We didn't have lunch but for dinner we decided to have a bowl of soup.  I had a half sandwich with my soup and Art had toast with his. We took Kevin the minion with us.  We had fun taking pictures of him at various locations. 

Tonight we went to the Donny and Marie show.  Let me just say it was excellent!  We sat at a table with two other couples.  The music was so good.  They are both so incredibly talented.  Marie sang an opera song that just gave me chills.  I am not a big opera fan but it was so good. She began to sing and I became transfixed.  I don't  think I moved or even so muched as blinked while she sang.  Good thing breathing was just a natural thing or I would probably would have stopped.  When she was done  I had goosebumps and was just so taken away by Marie's incredibly beautiful voice.  The notes just left her mouth and floated effortlessly across the air. The entire show was so entertaining. I can see why it is rated the number one show.  The time went by so quickly.  And Marie's shoes were awesome.  She wore a couple pair that I wish I had.  I was so excited when the announcer welcomed everyone and the show started.  Donny looks just like my cousin Glen.  Well......at least the way I remember him.  It has been many years since I saw Glen last.  Anyway... I was really surprised ..... As they walked down the steps onto the stage I was surprised at how small they are. But I must say they are a very good looking couple.

As I enjoyed the music and humor.  I couldn't help but think about how close they are and it really reminded me of my brother. Maybe because today is his birthday and he was on my mind but I was taken back to when we were teenagers and how folks thought we were a couple.  It is also amazing how a song can take you back in time.

Tomorrow is Art's birthday so I hope he feels better and has an awesome day. 

No comments: