Tuesday, May 31, 2022

If I Had to Describe

If I had to describe this day in one word it would be blast.  Today was an absolute blast!!!!  We had a snorkeling tour scheduled today so we got up early as not to miss it.  Well early for me but certainly not for Art.  We grabbed a quick bite from the room and headed down to the beach.  We walked down to where we thought the boat was suppose to pick us up.  We were told it was a black catamaran.  There was another black boat that pulled in a little ways from our hotel.  I was worried that was our boat and we would miss it so we hurried down to it.  It was not close by any means. It was more than a 5 minute walk through sand.  I was pooped by the time we got there but then I am out of shape and have a bad knee. Turned out it was not our boat but...... there were others there waiting for the same boat we were.   The boat arrived picked us all up then went to the spot we were originally at.  Ugh..... we could have stayed.  My fault!  

Anyway,  we headed out and on our way we there was another boat and there was a cute dolphin jumping it's wake.  Our boat captain saw it and high tailed it over so we could all watch.  it was so cool.  The world's third largest reef is here and we went to it. There were about thirty people on our boat including about 10 kids.  Not everyone but most jumped off to snorkel.  I of course was one of them.

There was a family with three daughters snorkeling.  The girls freaked out once they got in the water.  I stopped to talked to them and told them what I do to start and they tried it and out calmed two of the girls down and the dad concentrated on the third one.  The two girls  had a great time after that.  There were thousand of fish.... I am not kidding.  I have never seen so many and so many different kinds of fish.  It was just incredible.  I even saw a turtle. That was a huge surprise.    

After snorkeling, we went to a island that had a lagoon in the middle.  That was pretty cool.  The lagoon was really warm.  Another boat pulled in and they had a couple conchs.  The first mate and captain of that boat pulled the living creature out and those of the boat ate it.  No thanks!!!  But I was watching and the captain of that boat told me to pick the conch up and he would take my picture.  He took a bunch.  

We then got back on the boat and had turkey wraps and a drink for lunch.  I am a fan of wraps but I will say that was one of the best wraps I have ever eaten. It was so good. 

We then went to a deeper part of the ocean.  The boat had a diving board and a slide.  The rule was you had to jump off the board  before you could use the slide.  You needed to be wet so you could actually slide on the slide.  I wasn't a huge fan of he board.  But I did do the slide twice.  It was really fun!!!!!  Overall I would give the whole tour a 10/10. We spent some time this afternoon at the pool.  The pools here are pretty nice.  

We went down to were a lot of shops are and walked around.  Things here are really expensive.  I know I am cheap but man things are really expensive.  Then we had dinner at one of the restaurants in the area.  Art was wanting some  wings so we found a place that served them.

I was super curious where and how the locals live so we went for a little drive and found one of the high schools.  They are some really beautiful homes here.   Now we are tucked in for the evening.  If I had to describe this day on one word that word would be blast.  Today was an absolute  blast!!!  Hey.... I think I said that already.

No comments: