Monday, May 30, 2022

Off to Turks and Caicos

 Have you ever wanted to do something for a long time and it comes to fruition?  That is what this trip is.  It seems so surreal.   I have wanted to go to Turks for a really long time.  I decided that since this is my magic birthday I wanted to do something big.  That is what this trip is, something BIG.  I mentioned this is my magical birthday.......I was born 6-1-61 and I am turning 61.  That is a lot of 61s.  I am doing a lot of celebrating.

As I mentioned earlier, we went to Princesses graduation.  We needed to get a rental car so Art surprised me and got a convertible.  I love convertibles.  I even wanted one at one time. Knowing this Art reserved one and surprised me at the car rental counter.  The clerk said you have a convertible and I said oh no we have a mid sized car and Art corrected me and said nope we have a convertible.  SURPRISE! We got a flashy red mustang convertible.  It was pretty dang fun!!!!  The weather was a little rainy so we couldn't have the top down all the time but boy was it fun we we were able to put it down.  

Let me tell you the Atlanta airport is a madhouse.  We got to the airport 2 1/2 hours early.  Turned in the cute convertible and proceeded to the ticket counter....... so we thought.  We were sent to three different lines before we got to the right one.  Thankfully we did all the precheck.  The ticket agent told us that saved us a lot of time and thanked us for doing it.  Then off to security.  I am not sure I have ever seen so many people in one place at the same time.  We were beginning to seriously have doubts we were going to make our flight.  But we did....  just in time.  They boarded five minutes after we got to the gate.  

The flight was great and we got to the island early afternoon.  We got a rental car.  I have never seen a car like the one we got before.  The island is British ruled so ....you guessed it, they drive on the opposite side of the road.  I will say I am glad I am not the driver.  

Our hotel room wasn't  ready when we got to the hotel so we went to the grocery store and picked up supplies.  When we got back our room was ready.  We are on the third floor with no elevator.  You should have seen our faces when we were told "NO ELEVATOR"  oh boy!  Not fun to carry suitcases up but we are getting our exercise.  

We had dinner on site at the outdoor restaurant.  We saw on the online menu they had turf and surf but that menu was old.  When we asked the waiter he said they no longer had it but he would as the chef if he would do it for us.  The chef agreed and that is what we had..... steak and shrimp.  It was soooo good!! Then to bed early. 

No comments: