Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Bitter Sweet Day

Let me just say I am the luckiest grandma. I just adore each one of my grandkids. I have a special relationship with each one. They each make me laugh. I am surprised anyone of them still have their little finger as they have me wrapped so tight around them. Today was sweet because I got to spend time with Reagan. She is growing and changing so fast. It is just fun to watch her learn and discover. But it was bitter as I thought about one of my other sweet granddaughters. Little Bergann is a mini me. She is everything I was at her age. She loves everything I loved. She loves fashion (which includes shoes) and jewelry, dolls, dress up, have her nails done. I look at her play and I can see me when I was her age. Well she was invited to a birthday party for a girl in her class. And get this, it was at a beauty salon. The salon conducts parties. They do the girls hair and give them a manicure and pedicure. How cool is that! Now this is right up Bergann's alley. She was thrilled. I was thrilled for her. I was so excited you would have thought I was the one going. I could hardly wait for today to come and hear all about it. I just knew how she felt to be able to go. But unfortunately she couldn't go because she got pink eye. Ben got it first and then Isabella and today....Bergann. Dang.....why couldn't it have come tomorrow or the next day or not at all. I was so disappointed and heart broke for her. Hopefully an opportunity will come again. Her mommy played beauty shop at home with her and she loved it. So that was sweet.

2 comments:

Miss Five said...

Now MY heart is breaking...that is one of the saddest things I've ever heard. But you are such an awesome Grandma!

Trixie L'Amour said...

This is the saddest story I have heard in a long time....and I do love the memory of Miss Bergann doing everyone's hair when we were all together.....she's a natural!!
Oh, grandma....you are the best!