Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kirksville or Bust

My darling PC took me to the airport at 5:30 am (yikes that is early) yesterday morning. I checked in and only got one ticket so I asked the agent about it and he told me I would be on the same plane and so when I got to Salt Lake I didn't need to deplane. I questioned him twice and both times he assured me. I had an interesting seat mate on the plane. (For an other blog). The flight attendant came by and asked if anyone was making a connection and need to know what gate they would need. I said I didn't. He asked me twice and I said no. He went back up front and sat down for a couple minutes then got up and came up to me and asked me if I was sure I didn't need to know a gate and I again said no. He asked if Salt Lake was my final destination and I explained I was going to Kansas City so I would stay on the plane. He said O.K. and turned away and then stopped turned back around and said the plane was going to Portland not Kansas City. OH!!! Well the couple behind me heard and said they were doing the same. Good thing the flight attendant came back. I got on the correct plane and made it to Kansas City. My luggage even made it. Woohoooo. In fact, it was the third suitcase off the belt. I got my car and headed to Kirksville. It is so fun to play with the grandkids. They have grown a lot. And are so cute!!! We played today. Dude and Princess had school but Megaman and Honey Bunch were here all day. What a fun day. Dude had his allergy shots today and did a great job. We played hide and seek when the kids got out of school. Megaman and I were a team. We had a hard time finding Dude. Princess went to the spot he was hiding but didn't see him. When he came out of hiding, he laughed and said when Princess went to the spot he didn't even breath for fear Princess would hear him. More fun in the works for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Glad you didn't go to Portland!!! That would have been tragic!!!!!

Trixie L'Amour said...

Hey! Speak for yourself........oh, wait......you did!
Tragic isn't the word I would use, but I can see where you would feel that way!
We're just glad everyone got to the right place at the right time!