Friday, November 9, 2012

Today we had chilly and I don't mean the food (chili)

Today is not sunny paradise.  We woke to dark cloudy skies and it rained a little this morning.  We decided since the weather was not the best, we would go to the market.  Our plan was to have lunch at one of our favorite restaurants in another hotel so we thought we would do the market and then stop and have lunch.  The only reason we went to the market was so I could get a Mexican creamer and sugar.  We did that and left. We got to the other hotel about 10:30.  Way to early for lunch so we had a quick drink and headed back to our hotel.  We tried getting in the pool but it was just too chilly.  We rested on the loungers and it was pretty chilly.  I had guacamole and chips for lunch and Art had a sandwich.

Today was the day we were suppose to move rooms.  But the little gal that helped us forgot to write it down so we were unable to switch. What are you going to do? We like the room we are in so it is ok.

Tonight was the romantic dinner on the beach. We did it last time and loved it so decided to do it again. Now let me explain how this is on paper.  You and your special loved one have a 4 coarse candle lit dinner on the beach.  The waves are lightly crashing in the background as you and your special someone make googly eyes at each other. The moon and the stars and a candle create a special romance.  As you toast each other and look deep in each others eyes you have that unspoken "I love you".  The meal is delicious and you anticipate each coarse and make loving small talk.  Now let me share the reality of tonight.  The meal was delicious but it was very windy and cold.  The waves were huge.  It was so windy that the sand was blowing up in your face.  Pieces of my salad flew off my plate...... twice. Art's napkin blew right in to my lap. Art told me the sand in our face was micro-abrasion..WHAT?!  I get a meal and a facial?!?! Wow!  Is this what you call a full service meal? A spa treatment with dinner. Sweet.  Our googly eyes were more of a popeye/pirate eye as the sand blew into your eyes.   Nothing says I love you more then looking at your loved one with a stink eye.  Instead of I love yous being said you hear "arg matey! You scurvy dog" with a reply of  "You filthy ox".   Each coarse was met with much anticipation, it was good yes but it just made it that much closer to getting in where it was warmer with no wind or sand. I curled my hair for the night but by the time the wind whipped it around, it was a whole new do. A wild do. But my Art said I still looked beautiful.  Aww, he was so sweet and yes I thought that was romantic and no I am not blaming it on the sand in his his eyes.

Overall it was a good day..... Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: