Thursday, November 8, 2012

Today's Activies

We didn't have a lot of out door time today but we had fun none the less.  After breakfast we took a taxi out to the Moon and Sunrise for the presentation.  The upgrade they offered us was a good deal but we decided to keep things they way they are.  But they have updated the Sunrise.  They have a nice new nightclub.  The hope is to keep folks from going into town to the nightclubs.  They also have a place for teens.  It is really cool!  It is set up like an arcade. They have computers, pool tables, foozeball tables, kinect, rock band, and xbox games and all kinds of arcade games. Also a little cafe style room serving popcorn, cookies, brownies, candy, ice cream and a whole lot more.  They had these round tube things you could climb in and play xbox.  After the presentation, Art and I went in and played.  It was pretty fun. We took a taxi back and let me tell you, some of the taxi rides are a bit scary.  The speed limit and stop signs appear to just be a suggestion.

After we got back we sat on our balcony and I feel asleep on the lounger.  It was a nice little nap. Tonight we went to the Chef's dinner.  It is for about 14 couples.  The chef prepares a 5 course meal and does a little presentation. The General Manager was the chef's interpreter and he was pretty funny.  The chef would say something and he would look straight ahead and say "I don't know what that means" or something different.  The chef talked for about a minute straight explaining.  The translation was "it's veggies".    It was really funny.  Each course of the meal was excellent with the exception of the dessert.  I wasn't a fan of the dessert.  It was really rich and it tasted like marshmallow cream and black licorice.  But the rest of the meal was devine. They matched all the courses with the appropriate wine.  Because I don't drink they gave me sparkling cider. I am so full, I hope I don't dream of the devil.  I don't think I can put one more thing in my stomach. 

The activity tonight was Karaoke.  Since I am not musical and cannot sing in any shape or form and Art isn't a fan we listened to one song and left.  The guy singing the one song was a pretty good singer but his moves.............his moves were hilarious.  Now to bed.    

No comments: