Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What Did Today Bring

Today was a fun day but I do have one regret.  First let me tell you about today and maybe you can figure out my regret.

I woke up about 4:30 this morning. I went out on the balcony and laid on the lounger.  It was kind of damp and that made it a little chilly.  Could that be my regret?  No.  Then I went back in and crawled back in bed.  I fell back a sleep.  Art woke me up at 6:30 and we got up and headed to breakfast.  It was pretty good.  I do like the food here.  Then we met with the  concierge  and made some arrangements for the spa and a couple of special dinners.

After that we headed to the beach.  The lifeguard set up some nice loungers and an umbrella for us.  Then it got cloudier and cloudier.  Soon it was sprinkling on us.  We refused to go in.  Was this my regret? no.   It didn't last too long.  The sun then came back out and it was a beautiful day.  We ordered lunch on the beach.  It was so relaxing.  We met some nice folks.  Art wore his Vikings hat and that seemed to be a great conversation starter.

We get a back massage, pedicure and manicure with our reservation.  Art doesn't enjoy these services  so he always gives me his.  Well he decided to do it this time.  His back has been bothering him a little so a few weeks ago, he mentioned he might just do the massage.  Cool!!!  I wasn't sure he would do it but he did.  We had a nice couples massage.  It was so relaxing.  Art even enjoyed it. Not only did he do the massage........he did the manicure and pedicure. Yes he did, it was the first and maybe only time he will ever do it but do it he did.  The manicure was no big deal but the pedicure well, it was a big deal. Art always wears shoes and he has very soft and tender feet.  You can only imagine how this must have been for him.  I just loved the fact that he was willing to do something like that so we could do it together.  I always wanted to do a couple's massage and he went above and beyond that.  I told him he didn't have to do the pedicure but he was a trooper and did it. Here is my regret.......I didn't have a video camera for this event.  Imagine Art, if you will, sitting in the pedicure chair and looking at the tools they use to scrub and trim your feet.  His eyes were huge.   He warned the girl who did his pedicure his feet were sensitive and he might scream like a school girl. I sat directly across from him. I could see he was struggling.  He kept stroking his hair, holding his cheeks and stifling a giggle.  Then it happened. I am not sure what she did but he let out a squeal.  I lost it.  The girl doing his pedicure, the girl doing mine, Art and I all started to laugh.  Honestly, I laughed til I cried.  I am laughing now as I write this.  His girl was really sweet and cute and kept apologizing to him as she scrubbed his tender feet. But the upside is they look pretty good. They didn't look bad before but they really look good now. What a guy.  I just love him all the more for giving it an honest effort.  He is the best.  Will he do it again?  Well.... let's just say never say never.  

We ordered room service and had guacamole, chips and shrimp cocktail. ummm good.  We had a nice dinner and then went to a magic show.  The magic show was pretty good. It lasted about an hour.  Now it is time for bed and get rested for more relaxing tomorrow.


3 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

TOURETTE'S!!!!

I nearly choked on a Peanut M & M reading your post...I laughed right out loud at the mental picture of Art's pedicure experience....start to finish!!

Wow.......that's all I can say....Wow!

PS: I sent you a text, but don't know if you have service....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new chicken...as much as you love Ben Stein? Um...probably!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you both!

Brent said...

Just like Trixie, I am almost choked on my cap'n crunch. Maybe you should have a "don't eat while reading this post" disclaimer.
Glad you are having fun!

Mrs. Doctor said...

Along with Brent's disclaimer, you need to add, "Don't read this at the library during story time" Everyone thinks poor Megaman's mom is nuts for laughing out loud! Love it! Keep enjoying, we love you!