Saturday, May 18, 2013

Moving Along

Well things are moving right along with the remodel.  Art got the new bedroom all taped and textured.  We primed the walls and put the first coat of paint on and then on Friday, I put the second coat on.  It is getting close to moving in.  Just needs carpet, trim and crown molding.   The powder room is done and ready to be hooked up to water and sewer.

It is exciting to get so much done.  It will be really nice to get the mess and clutter all cleaned up.  I am so looking forward to getting everything cleaned up.  I think every room has been effected.  Clutter is everywhere.  I think Art strategically planned it this way.  I think he knew I would get so tired of all the mess, I would get rid of a lot of it just to get the clutter gone.  I don't want a lot of this stuff any more.  Very clever of Art, very clever indeed.

One a side note, I bought a new couch for the cabin.  We took it up this week and opened up the cabin. The cabin is looking good as well.  When we walked in, we both had the same comment......wow.  We had forgotten how much we got done last year.  We weren't sure if we were going to be able stay.  A part to the pump that works the well was bad.  With the pump not working properly, there was no water.  We tried to call a repairman but the phone lines in McCall were down.  After trying all day, I tried to call the phone company but that ended up a disaster.  The customer rep that I talked to could only follow his prepared script.  I told him I was in Cascade and was trying to call someone in McCall and asked if there was a problem with the lines in McCall because no matter what number I dialed I got a "All circuits are busy" message. He told me he could help me with my problem and that they had to wait until they get a bunch of calls before they send a repairman out to fix the problem.   They would wait until everyone in my neighborhood called.  Really, my neighborhood?  Did he not understand the part that I was in Cascade and was calling McCall?  He kept asking me what my account number was with them,  I tried several times to tell him I didn't have an account that I was just trying to find out if there was a problem with the phone lines in McCall since all numbers dialed had the same message. After several attempts to explain the problem to him and him reading me what was on his script,  I just thanked him and hung up. Art skillfully got the pump to work.  We were able to finally reach a repairman but because it was so late in the day, he couldn't come.  He did managed to make it later in the week and make the needed repairs.  Can't wait to go back up there.

1 comment:

Art said...

You give me far too much credit, cause had I known that clutter did this to you I would have started this project years ago.