Tuesday, June 25, 2013

And the addiction hits the skids

Well today I found I out amoung some other things I have prediebetes. Holy cow shut the door.  The good news is.....it is reversible.  The bad news is I have to give up my addiction of Dr Pepper.  So very sad!  I drink it because I love the taste.  As a true addict, I spent a couple hours justifying why I need to put off quiting. You know things like I just went to Costco and bought a couple cases...... I don't really have to quit I could just limit it to a couple times a week.  But the reality is I have to stop and make other lifestyle changes. I know I can quit.....heck I've done it lots of times.  Oh it is going to be a long couple of months dealing with the lifestyle changes.

Hey....imagine this.  A glass of ice.  The sound of a can popping open, and then the sound of it pouring over the ice.   Oh man an ice cold glass of Dr Pepper.

Yes it is going to be a long couple of months.

No comments: