Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Another Fun Adventure

 Can you you believe we are on vacation again?  I can 't believe it myself. Here we are in sunny Puerto Vallarta. We had an early wakeup call.   Up at 4:00 am.  Now let me tell you that is early.  The Buddy picked us up at 5:30.  Bless his heart.  He is so good to always take us to the airport and pick us up.  He had been out of town working and got in late and went right to work so last night was a late night for him and he was happy to get up early and deliver us to the airport.  What a great guy he is.

The flights were uneventful.  We had plenty of time to make our connection in Pheonix and customs was a piece of cake.  The only delay was waiting for Art's luggage to arrive. We hurried throught the airport ignoring all the timeshare hawkers and paid for a taxi.  We started to walk out and there was a guy standing there holding a card with our name on it.  We were stunned.  I went back to the taxi window and requested our fare back.  It took some doing as my spanish is no bueno and the girl at the counter's english wasn't much better. But I got our money back.  We are suppose to meet in the morning with our rep so we will see what is going on. But we got a free ride to the hotel.  I know, I know there is no such thing as a free ride.  We get the scoop tomorrow. 

The hotel is making changes but most of it is still the same.  We had some lunch, changed into our swimwear and headed to the beach.  Oh it was heavenly.  I took a little nap. Today 50 new turtles were born and needed to be released into the ocean. We were able to certify and release two turtles. It is easy to certify.  You listen to a speech about the turtles (which by the way was interesting) and pay 50 pesos.  I got to help carry the tub of turtles to the starting point.   I got two turtles.  I thought I was only going to get one so we decided to name it Shelley but then the guy gave everyone two. I quickly asked Art what I should name the second one.  You will never guess what name he picked............ok you are right..........Conrad.  He finally got a Conrad. HA HA HA.  When the guy says go everyone sets their tutles down on the beach and they race to the ocean.  Bless Conrad's heart he won the race.  He hurried so fast to the ocean,  Poor Shelley just laid there.  Poor little thing.  I had to pick her up and start her over but she was slow.  Once most of the turtles made it to the ocean the stinking birds started to swoop in and they started swooping down and getting the turtles and eating  them.  Horrors!!! One of the ladies that was there to help release the turtles ran and started gathering up the turtles. Thank heavens Shelley got picked up. The guy told me they would go back out tonight after dark and re-release them,  I will get a certificate tomorrow for Shelley and Conrad. It was really fun and very cool.

After dinner we headed back to the room. they brought us chocolate covered strawberries and a note welcoming us back........nice touch.  We are going to call it an early night as we are super tired.  Art and I are having a race to see who can stay up the longest.  It will be a tight race as we are both fading.  

No comments: