Tuesday, April 18, 2023

First Full Day In The Books

 OK I am going try this again.  For some reason my last post deleted.  I signed in to the blog to post pictures and it flashed a few times and then the post disappeared.  Arg!

We had breakfast at the buffet this morning.  Art rated his as a solid nine and I rated mine as a solid four.  I rated mine so low as I am not a fan of raw eggs and vegetables. With CPR and a little help the bacon could have survived.  Yep it wasn’t cooked to my likening…… hardly cooked at all.  But the juice and the donut were really good. And as you can see from the picture, we had a guest.  He doesn’t look that big in the picture but he was about the size of my hand.

After breakfast we went to the beach.  It was well after nine so I was worried we wouldn’t be able to get a lounger.  I but I had no need to worry.  There were several open loungers. They also have really nice hanging chairs all around the resort.  We stopped and enjoyed a couple this morning. All the seating and loungers are nice.  Not like the last resort where everything was so worn out.  As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, the resort is really big and it is pretty full.  Whenever you are walking along the path, there are always a lot of folks walking.  But it doesn’t seem like it is over crowded or like people are on top of you. The restaurants have open seating for breakfast and lunch but you have to have a reservation for dinner.  They don’t allow walkins.  

The beach is on the Atlantic side.  It doesn’t have waves like of the Caribbean side but it is still very nice.  We didn’t get in today but a lot of folks did and seemed to enjoy it.  I did have a foot massage on the beach and it was simply heavenly.

Most of the folks on the adult side are around our age.  Several folks stopped Art to comment on his shirt. It was a big hit.   It says “ Don’t piss off old folks.  They older they get, getting a life sentence isn’t much of a deterrent.”  I even heard some younger folks laugh and say “love that shirt” as they passed. 

We skipped lunch and spent the afternoon at our private pool.  It isn’t huge but big enough to splash around and have fun in.  We really enjoyed it. There are a couple of bigger pools around but I doubt we will get in as we have a great private pool.  The weather was perfect for getting in the pool.  It was 81 degrees and cloudless.  After the pool, Art managed to take a nice nap on the couch where it was cooler. 

We did have to get our shower fixed. At least I am hoping it got fixed.  It only has hot water and I mean it is hot.  I like a good hot shower but I don’t like a scalding shower.  The maid stopped by (not sure why) and Art told her about the shower.  She checked it out and agreed.  She called someone to come and fix it but we had to leave for dinner so we aren’t  really sure it got fixed.  We’ll know tomorrow when we shower. 

We had a nice dinner and are enjoying our deck.  There is a lovely band by the main lobby and we can enjoy it on our deck.  No it is not a tuba band….thank heavens.  They are actually pretty good.  It has been a great day!  To bed soon. 

No comments: