Friday, April 21, 2023

Hot Day…..

Wow was today hot!  The temperature wasn’t any higher that other days but for some reason the sun was a lot hotter.

We went back to the buffet for breakfast. On our way out the door I almost stepped on a helmet crab.   He was right at the door. It was so strange seeing him.  Art said if he wanted in,  he should have knocked.   We met our neighbors at breakfast.  They were sitting at the table next to us.  They are from Canada.  Seems like a really nice couple. He reminds me of someone but I just can’t place who.  It drove me crazy all day.  I know it will eventually come to me. 

Art got us a double lounger by the pool today.  We thought we would give it a try.  It rained last night so everything was pretty soaked but Art wiped everything down so it would be nice for us.  And with the warmer weather it didn’t take long for everything else to dry.  We even got in the pool.  It was chillier than our private pool but it didn’t take long to adjust to it.  We stayed in that area until after lunch.

I spent the afternoon in our pool.  Art was in the pool for a while then went in where it was cooler for a rest. 

We went to a restaurant called the Rodeo Steakhouse for dinner. It was pretty good and the service was really fast.  They had a couple pictures of the old west and the rest were of the New York skyline and of the Nation’s capitol. You know because nothing screams old west like the capitol and New York skyline.  HAHAHA.  They did play old country music.  I am talking country music from the 60’s and 70’s.  It was like a huge blast from the past.  Art and I new all the songs.  At one point, Art asked what music track is this?  It is was pretty fun.  We are going back on Sunday for dinner. 

We tried to sit out tonight but it was really buggy out so we came in.  This is the first night we couldn’t be out because of the bugs.   

We are still having trouble with the hot and cold water.  Not sure why they can’t fix it but it keeps us guessing. 

Here is a crazy thing.  I went to trade out our wet towels for dry ones. Unfortunately they were completely out of clean towels.  There was another man there at the same time and he said he was told more towels would be available in 10 minutes and it had been more that 20.  Our concierge was there and when I started to walk away he asked me what I was going to do with my towels.  I said keep them til new ones were available and he said oh if I didn’t want to use them I could give them to the other guy.  Ewww….. I told him I didn't think he wanted to have my used wet towels. Crazy!           

No comments: