Thursday, September 27, 2007

If It Goes Bump In The Night

If it goes bump in the night and I am at your house, it may just well be me. I have had trouble all my life walking and talking in my sleep. I even started screaming and laughing. For a time I would jump and kick but thanks to acupuncture I stopped. (Don is most grateful). One night about 3:00 a.m. I woke Don up and asked him if he knew where Miami was. Of course he did. Then laughing I said huh, I didn't even know I had an ami. Traveling worried me a little so I have been ever so careful and slept very lightly. But I have had laughing episodes while traveling. Well at home I got so bad that Don asked me to get some help...he needed a good nights rest. Sooooo I went for a sleep study. I spent the night at a local hotel. It was a very nice hotel. I was hooked to all kinds of electrodes and they filmed me as I slept. I had a slight episode where I screamed so loud, I woke up other patrons. Overall the sleep study went well. I had 15 episodes per hour. Which is considered moderate. As it turns out my throat is so small that when I relax and go to sleep my throat closes. This doesn't make much sense to me but that is my diagnosis. The cure? I get to use a CPAP machine at night. Words can't express how thrilled I am. Maybe I can't find the words because I am not thrilled. But I will have an open mind as I try it. I get it on Monday and the new adventure will begin. Stay tuned as I am sure it will be an adventure to report on. All I can say is I love Don......otherwise I would never have taken it this far. My hope is that in a month I will be able to say how thrilled I am with the results. Stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Trixie L'Amour said...

Ya know, I think I'll miss the laughing....it is very infectious, even in the middle of the night...
I think it must be a family trait...my throat closes too, but it just makes me snore......