Monday, February 18, 2008

I Had No Idea Birthdays Could Be So Fun

I have to say I gotta a good thing going. Not sure how I worked it but it is working pretty well. Last week was my daughter in law Marykate’s birthday. My darling Don and I took her, Brent, and Reagan to dinner. We went to a restaurant at the mall. That in itself is a story but I will leave that to Art to tell. Anyway, after dinner Brent had to get some new shoes and since we were already at the mall.....and we all know I never pass up an opportunity to shoe shop I was more than happy to accompany them. Well he found a pair and said because of the sale, I could get a pair at a great price. I said what about Marykate maybe she would like some to which both Marykate and Brent said she just got two new pair. O.K. first off I never pass up a good shoe bargain. (obviously) and second I just got a new pair of shoes (beautiful red ones) but lucky for me, I never put a limit on my shoe buying. So I got a great new pair of Nikes to wear one the treadmill. I tried to give them the money for the shoes but they refused. It was Marykate’s birthday and I got the present. Happy Birthday and thanks bunches to them for the great new shoes. Next I was planning to surprise Don for his birthday and get a new TV for his office to hook to his xbox 360. He has been wanting one for a while. I thought I would surprise him for his birthday get it and ask Brent to help me get it all set up for the surprise. Well as luck would have it he came home Friday and suggested we got to Costco TV shopping as they had a good price and he had a coupon. Woohoo. Off we went. We got him a 42” plasma and then because of the good price…..you guessed it I got a 47” plasma for the living room wall. Yeah baby. Happy Birthday darling and thanks for the TV. I had Brent, Marykate, and their friend Mark come help me rearrange Don’s office while he was at the auction. (thanks again guys). Brent got the TV hooked up and running so I was able to surprise him after all. Best part his birthday isn’t until the end of March. I even beat my mom wishing him a happy birthday. I had no idea birthdays could be so fun. Let me see whose birthday is next?

4 comments:

MKB said...

ummm that would be grandpa's and no offense but i don't think you will be getting a happy birthday to you on his bday...wouldn't that be nice? ;)

Trixie L'Amour said...

WOW! What an awesome deal! I do believe you are the luckiest woman I know.......this really brings home the point that what goes around comes around....you deserve every bit of it!!! Goon on ya....and Happy Unbirthday to you!!!

Mrs. Doctor said...

Actually, its Dude's, and Doctor has requested that he get a new TV from Cotsco. Just kidding. Maybe instead of spoiling him, you could spoil yourself.

Mrs. Doctor said...

I'm dumb and was thinking of the other grandpa I think. Anyways, the spoiling comment still applies. :)