Thursday, April 17, 2008

Best thing I wore today was a smile.

This has been one of those crazy days. I got up a little earlier than normal as I was able to give service to a loved one today. My father in law had quadruple bypass surgery a couple of months ago and his recovery has been a little difficult for him. Today he had two doctor appointments with the first one starting at 9:00. He lives about 1/2 hour away so I had to leave the house today at 8:00. So I arose a little earlier then usual as I had some business to attend to prior to leaving.
As I was heading down the stairs to my office my problem arch popped (it does it quite often and is very painful) well when it popped, I am not sure why or how but I lost my balance and down the stairs I went. Yikes!!! It knocked the wind out of me, twisted my elbow and shoulder, hurt my tail bone, back and both knees. As I saw there a little dazed, I thought oh not today I have too many things going. Please, please let me be O.K. enough to go about my day. I sat there for about three minutes then gathered myself up and got my work done. Then I grabbed some advil and out the door I went. I made sure I had my best smile on as I arrived to pick up my father in law and I made sure to keep it on all day. No one would know of my foolish fall earlier in the day. We went to the first appointment and then to the bank to have a document notarized and then to the next Dr appointment. I was getting a little more sore but I took some more advil and kept that darn smile on. It is easy to put on a smile and have a cheerful attitude when serving someone else. So I was so grateful to have that opportunity. Then I had lunch with a good friend and then back to her house to see all the fun new things she got for her new house and to check out her fabulous new computer. I was so excited for her it was easy to smile. Then I hurried from there to bowling. Prior to going in to bowl, I took more advil. although my smile was feeling a little droopy by now, I pick up the corners of my mouth and went in. My first game was a little hard but then my shoulder and arm went numb and I bowled pretty good. I shared with my teammates about my little tumble and we all got a good laugh. Then as it was our last night of bowling, we went for pizza and awards. Sitting at the pizza parlor, the day was taking it's toll. I was pretty sore and ready to head for home for .....you guessed it more advil. But I couldn't leave until the awards ceremony was over. I am so glad I didn't. I received an award. It really cracked me up. I got the award for the funnest, most cheerful person to be around at bowling. I cheerfully accepted. Thank goodness I wore a smile today. And now that the day is finally over and I am just now getting home (12 hours later) I can relax. I am so stiff, I can hardly move but as I reflect upon my day, I can't help but smile.

He is my award

3 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

HOLY COW!! I do not know what to say...except.....HOLY COW!!!

I am so sorry, sweetie....so sorry...

MKB said...

And WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME? You should have stayed home and rested I would have taken Grandpa for you...SHAME ON YOU GRANDELDA THUDPUCKER!!!!

Now that I am done scolding you...I hope you are feeling better and CALL ME if you need anything at all. Or I will hold your granddaughter hostage from seeing you. :)

Mrs. Doctor said...

I know why you didn't call MKB, its always best to say you're fine and smile. My mother taught me that. You should have called her!!! Anyways...case in point from my last blog post. :)