Tuesday, April 29, 2008

TA DA

Well it is finally done. Don and I have been painting all week and now it is done. Since last fall we have been talking about painting the upstairs in the spring. About a month ago, Don said he thought we should have an accent wall. I was stunned. He has always wanted white walls and I thought I was lucky to talk him into painting the walls a tan so when he suggested an accent wall I was pleasantly stunned. He said he had been watching the design shows onTV and thought a green would look good. So we went color shopping. We found two colors that we really liked. I was a little worried about buying the paint in the quantity we needed before we knew if we would like it on the walls. The last time I thought I was getting a tan color for the walls I ended up with orange walls (that's another story). Anyway we bought a quart of each color and Don put it on the walls as a test. We loved it so we went and got the quantity we needed and got started. I painted walls but I couldn't help Don paint the ceiling due to my vestibular disorder so Brent and Marykate volunteered to help him. Don and Brent got it painted in no time at all. Don and I really appreciated the help. It is now done and we love it. Here are pictures. The entry is green and the rest (except bathrooms and bedrooms) of the upstairs is a tan color. The colors match the furniture and paintings perfectly. Woohoo.





2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

I love it! My favorite is the accent wall. Beautiful!!!!

Trixie L'Amour said...

Love, love, love it! Who would have thought color would make such a difference!
Beautiful