Sunday, December 7, 2008

Figured Me Out

So I went to church today. It was Stake Conference and the meeting was really good. But before the service started a lady I barely know came up to me and this was our conversation.

Lady: Oh Hi, are you still in Young Womens?
Me: Yes I am, I love it
Lady: Oh so is that why you put gray streaks in your hair so they take you serious and people don't think you are just one of the girls? Personally...I like it BUT I would never do it.
Me: Oh aren't you just the clever one. You figured me out.
Lady: Well I am just smart about that kind of stuff
Me: Yes I can see that
Lady: You still kinda look young so maybe you should put some more gray in it
Me: Or change my makeup....I'll keep it in mind.
Oh look isn't that your family looking for you?

4 comments:

MKB said...

WOW!

Trixie L'Amour said...

Holy crap.........You know how the girl in my ward just KNEW I colored my hair gray? Cuz of my eyebrows....so color your eybrows gray and you'll have it ALL covered!!!!
People......aren't people stupid!!!

Miss Five said...

Connie...you DO look young...but somehow - I can still take you seriously. What the what?!

Art said...

You are definitely youthful looking, what with getting "carded" at the Bouquet to see the Buddy play another clear example.

Just seems odd how she didn't mention your beautiful eyes. Ooh, that could have added to the conversation, now wouldn't it?

Please pass the salt.....