Saturday, March 6, 2010

We went to a fight and a hockey game broke out

We went to a fight and a hockey game broke out..........nah Iz just kiddin. We really did go to a hockey game. Our friends Dan and Shawna treated us to a Steelheads game. For those unfamiliar with the Steelheads, they are a local hockey team. Shawna got tickets through her work. We got in the game and got hotdogs, can of pop, and a small bag of chips. It was great.

I have to admit, I have been to hockey games before and I have watched them on TV but I really don't much understand the rules. I did figure this out. If the players take off their helmet and gloves they can duke it out with no interference from the refs and the crowd cheers. If they leave their helmet and gloves on the refs stop the fight but the crowd still cheers. I think I need to study up on the game.

The Army had solders there handing out gift bags. We got some cool stuff.......beanies, water bottle, insulated mugs to mention a few items. Then some soldiers dropped from the ceiling and one soldier had a flag. As they were dropping another soldier sang the National Anthem. Way cool!!!

It was a fun evening!!! The Steelheads won the game. Thanks to Shawna and Dan for inviting us.

1 comment:

Art said...

It was a lot of fun and, by the way, the Steelheads won 7 to 3.