Saturday, May 26, 2012

Remodel Update

It has been a long time since I last posted on the remodel.  Art has been really busy.  While I was away, Art got the framing all done and the roof done.  He said he could go into the witness protection program now as the shingles wore off the tips of his fingers.  Poor guy.  The Buddy was really sweet to come over and help him with the trusses and the shingles.  

Art and I installed the two windows in the den and then the Buddy came yesterday and helped Art install the sliding glass door and remove the window from the family room.  Yesterday we installed the insulation.  I did the walls and Art did the ceiling. The sheetrock was delivered yesterday so it won't be long before it gets hung.  

We purchased the exterior paint for the house.  I hope it looks ok.  I like the look of a a dark base and lighter trim so that is what we are doing.  I am not good at picking paint that is why I ended up with a pink house and an orange room.  I thought I was getting a tan house and a tan room.  It makes me nervous but I have my fingers crossed.  I just hope it isn't too dark.  We also purchased a 10 cubic feet fridge.  Mrs Dr shared with me they are putting their extra fridge in the pantry of their new house. I thought it was a great idea and so did Art.  We stole their idea and got the small fridge to put in the storage closet.  This should take care of the overflow.  I am excited. 

Art has worked so hard and done such a great job, he is the best.  I am also grateful the Buddy has been so willing to come and help.  It won't be long and will have a beautiful dining room, den and big storage closet.   YEAH!!!!














No comments: