Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Weekend Away

What a fun weekend art and I have had. It all started on Friday morning. MK and Miss R dropped us off at the airport. We went to Portland for the weekend. We had a blast. Let me share the events. When we landed, picked up the rental car, made a quick stop at Costco and went to the Taylor's(my sister, brother in law, nephew, niece in law and baby) We met baby WET. What a doll! He is soooo sweet. Baby WET's mom was so generous to share him and I loved holding him. We visited for a few hours then hurried off to meet with Art's sister from another mother.....Barb. We visited at her house with her, her daughter, two granddaughters, and her partner Ron. What a great visit we had and really appreciated her daughter and granddaughters coming in to town to visit with us. They are awesome. Barb prepared some snacks and beverages. Then Barb and Ron took Art and I to the MAC for a yummy dinner. Ron recently retired as the Treasurer from the MAC. After dinner Ron gave us a tour of the facility. WOW! It is an insane facility.......just incredible. Then back to Barb's for a nightcap. What a great visit and thanks to Ron and Barb. Saturday we went to the Taylor's for a yummy waffle and egg breakfast. Then off to Spirit Mountain for a fun filled day. We gamble our hearts out. My sister was the big winner of the day. She played the penny slots and mad a haul. Baby WET and his parents joined us for dinner. My sister paid for dinner with a small portion of her winnings. She did so awesome and I was so thrilled for her. What a fun time we all had. That night we went to the games show show. We all had a good time. Sunday we went to conference with my sister and brother in law. They reorganized their stake so the had one of the 12 apostles and an area seventy come. I enjoyed it immensely. My sister was released from her calling. I think it is a little bittersweet for her but heavy on the sweet. My brother law grilled yummy steaks and we visited until it was time to head back to the hotel. We returned the rental car and checked in a hotel right by the airport. This is just the highlights without a lot of detail but I am leaving at 4:15 am so I better get some sleep.

1 comment:

Trixie L'Amour said...

It was a GREAT weekend...we are so glad you were here! What a good time!