Saturday, April 6, 2013

It's Gone

For the past 23 1/2 years, I have showered in the same bathtub/shower.  Yesterday was the last.  Knowing it was my last, I was determined to take a little longer and soak up the memory of it.  Standing in the shower I reflected on the years past.  So many memories flooded my mind, both good and bad.  In a strange way, I almost mourned some of the changes in life while wanting to re-celebrate others.  Then all of a sudden without any warning the water stopped flowing.  I was about to holler for Art when the water returned as quickly as it stopped.  I started once again to reflect and the water stopped again. Dang it!  With no water, I couldn't finish my shower and visit down memory lane. Never again would I be able to shower in the bathtub/shower again. But it occurred to me,  I need to honor the past but not dwell in.  The past was done and couldn't be relived but the future held brightness and hope of better things so I need to live my life now so that my future would be bright. It was time to move forward.

With that thought in mind, I eagerly cleaned out the bathroom. I knew that the new bathroom would be so much better.  The Buddy came over and with his help Art gutted the bathroom. The bathtub/shower, vanity, toilet, and the walls all gone.  The main bathroom is completely gone.  Today, I showered for the very first time in the basement.  I kinda felt like a guest.

Art also got the new on demand water heater installed.  It works really well. He removed the ceiling in the laundry room.  He had to do that to get to the plumbing for the new bathrooms upstairs.  The upside to that and the new water heater is the laundry room will get a makeover as well.  It is so crazy how one thing leads to another........but so far ......I am loving it.

No comments: