Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The fun has begun


Several years ago I came up with an idea to expand the bedroom and create a walk-in closet.  Art was not too thrilled with the thought but after years of talking about it (OK nagging about it)  it became a possibility and now it is becoming a reality.  I am so thrilled I can't stand myself. Art not only agreed to it, he drew up plans.  His plan is much better than the one I came up with.  I was still a little skeptical with the whole thing happening but then.....then we started purchasing items for it.  Oh my gosh it really was coming to be. I guess it is true never say never.

We are turning Art's old office into a new master bedroom.  To make it big enough we have to remove the closet from spare bedroom.  The spare room will become Art's new office. The old master will be an awesome walk-in closet and part of a new ensuite.  The main bathroom will become a powder room to make room for the rest of the ensuite.  Oh it is going to be awesome!  I am so excited and nervous all at the same time.  I am such a lucky lady.  Art has the talent and the ability to do it all.  Thank you so much Art for making this a reality.

Now the fun has begun.  We got started on the remodel.  Yesterday we emptied out the rooms and closets.  The family room in the basement has become a storage unit.  We won't be able to use it until we are done.

Art spent today removing walls.  It looks so different.  It is shocking to see it. He worked so hard today.  My job was staying out of the way and then helped with some clean up.  Here are some pictures.

Art removing the linen closet


looking down the hall




in the new bedroom looking at Art in his office. The wall between the two rooms is gone

Closets in master and new master have been removed



No comments: