Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Closet Has Arrived

More work today was done on the remodel.  Art took 1100 pounds of closet and walls to the dump today.  He also removed some of the ceiling today.  He has a love hate relationship with the rock wool insulation in the attic.  He hates it when it falls on his head and loves to see it gone.   

The highlight of the day was 1100 pounds of new closet arrived today.  Now listen,  I am not prejudice against older folks really I am not.  But I will say when you reach a certain age,  you should be able take it easy and let younger folks do the heavy work.  Today the truck carrying our new closet components drove up and Art went out with the intent to show the guys where to put the items.  I looked out to see Art helping unload the truck.  Surprised, I stood there a sec and saw an old guy pop out of the truck and then an other old guy popped out.   I thought the young guys (20s or 30s) must be inside so I stood there a few more seconds and realized these guys were it.  The one guy looked to be about 70 to me.   Art said he thought both guys were in their 60s.  I am not so sure the guy wasn't in his 70s. Anyway, Art was the youngest one out there so Art thought he better help them unload. And it was a good thing......they needed a "younger" guy to help them.   Here is a picture of the unload.


No comments: