Tuesday, November 5, 2013

We made it

We got up freak show early. We were very lucky. ....the Buddy got up early as well and drove us to the airport.  All our flights were good. I sat next to an interesting gentleman on the flight to Pheonix. When he got on I thought "oh dear".  He was 62, bald with earrings, and a huge cigar hanging out of his mouth.  I was just sure the smell would give me a headache and make me sick. He looked at me and said "I look scary but I am not". So I responded back " I don't look scary but I am". He laughed and we hit it off. Thank Heavens his cigar didn't smell. He gave me his life history.

Customs was a piece of cake. I timed it..... It took us 1 1/2 minutes. That has to be a record. It helped we were the only plane.

 The shuttle was waiting for us. It was fun seeing someone with a sign with our name on it.  We rode with a couple from Kansas City. The lady has a ton of relatives in Sedalia..... small world.

We like the hotel so far. It is really beautiful here.  We hooked up with Dan and Shawna.  Shawna got too much sun and isn't feeling well. She passed on dinner and went to bed.  I feel bad for her. Hopefully she will be better tomorrow. 

I cheated a little on my diet. The Dr said it was ok.  It sure tasted good but not sure how good it made me feel.  Also, one of my ears is plugged. It would'nt be so bad but it really hurts. I sure hope it pops soon.

I am having lots of trouble with the internet here and I am super tired so I think I will join Art....... he is in bed snoring his heart out.  I am listening to a guy play his guitar and the ocean waves.  It is nice.  Night all.









No comments: