Tuesday, November 11, 2014

All in a day

I knew morning would come early but oh my....... We got up at 4:15.  I actually woke up this morning at 4:00.  My bladder was full and when I looked to see what time it was I decided to stay in bed for the extra fifteen minutes. My bladder could wait.

After a prior discussion of our options, we decided that we would drive ourselves to the airport and just park in long term parking.  I still think it was a wise decision.  It was super chilly this morning.  Some might even say it was cold.  Art had to deice the car. Brrrrrrrrr.  Traffic was light and we got to the airport in about 15 minutes.  We had a fun treat while at the checkin counter, our sweet MKs parents were there.  They are headed to Texas. We had a quick visit. 

Art booked the trip with his credit card so he had priority boarding.  I however .....didn't.  He was with the first to board and I was was with the last.  I was stunned and amazed how many strangers had an opinion on that.

The flights were flawless.  We arrived safe and sound.  As we stepped into the building to enter customs, I was a tad bit nervous anticipating the line.  I thought it would be light but you never know. Fortunately, my nervous feeling soon vanished.  The room was pretty empty.  We made it through customs in about five minutes.  Sweet!  We had to wait a little bit for our luggage but that really is to be expected. As we stepped out of the airport, the smell of the warm Caribbean air and the sun on my face was awesome.  Just like greeting an old friend.  We had to wait for about 40 minutes for our ride to the hotel.  Glad the sun was warm.

We didn't get the room we requested but thought oh well until we got to the room they gave us. Not thrilled with it so Art went and requested a different one.  They don't have another room til tomorrow so we will take care of that in the morning.

We had a great dinner.  I just love the squash and tomato soup here.  It is the kind that when you put it in your mouth, your taste buds shiver with joy and say thank you very much.  I had been anticipating it for a while so Art said lets have it tonight and let me say it didn't disappoint.  A funny..... My mouth is really tiny and waiters always  bring me a giant serving spoon.  I can't fit one in my mouth, so when he brought it, before I could say anything, Art requested a small spoon.  The waiter had a funny look but agreed.  Once he realized it was for me and not Art he was fine.  Art told him he would stick with the big spoon.  Don't know how folks use such a big spoon.

Traveling always wears me out with excitement of going and anxiety of wondering if everything will work out.  That mixed with the early morning, this kid is ready for bed.  Art is already "resting his eyes". We are going to relax a little bit and will head to bed early......... I hope.  As I am writing this, I am listening to crash of the ocean waves.  Love it!!   So excited for tomorrow.




No comments: