Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mr & Mrs Burger from Iowa

SArt was up early and scored us a great spot on the beach.  While he did that I got up and moving.  Before we went to breakfast we went the gym. I rode the bike, did crunches, and used weights. Art did the treadmill, elliptical, weights, and I am not sure what all.  Kudos to us.  Then we went and ate a nice breakfast.

Spent most of the day on the beach.  It was pretty cloudy all day and a little chilly to be wet so no swimming today.  We decided to have dinner tonight at one of the other hotels.  Art has had a hankering for lamb chops and they no longer serve them here. So we thought we would see if one of the other hotels served it.  Art suggested we take a taxi instead of the bus.  I am always a little leery of taxis'. The are usually a wild ride but it wasn't too bad going.  Coming back had a couple of scary moments but it was all good. Art was right in suggesting the taxi.  It was much faster then the bus. They didn't have lamb chops but they did have baked lamb. 

We took the elevator at the other hotel. Holy smokes I about had a stoke....or heart attack...or both.   We stepped onto the elevator and so did about 12 other people.  I was squished in the back. I watch as people kept getting in.  As they did, my claustrophobia kicked in.  My heart started pounding wildly and I began to sweat.  My head started spinning.  I said to Art, who was by the door, let's get out and take the stairs.  Some of the folks were part of a wedding party so I suggested they all ride together.  Art and another lady said oh it's ok.  No, no, no it isn't ok.  It was definitely not ok. I was in panic mode and stuck in this small space with no way out.  I began to tremble.  I prayed Oh dear Lord,  please help me not to scream or pass out and please please please get me out of here.  I was giving Art the look of  "get me out of here" but we rode. I cannot even begin to express how utterly grateful I was when that door opened. 
Our waiter at dinner was an absolute hoot!  He read our name and this is the conversation 

Waiter: Mr &Mrs Bur..... Bur....
Us: Berg
Waiter: Burger
Us: Berg
Waiter: Ah, Burger
Us: Berg like iceberg 
Waiter: Burrrrrger
Us: Berg like iceberg.....Berg (emphasis on the G)
Waiter: ah.....BerGA
Us: (realizing he would never get it) um sure
Then he asked where we were from
Us: Idaho
Waiter: Iowa, nice
Us: yep
Art: it's by Seattle
Me: what?!
Ha hahahaha 
We are Mr & Mrs Burger from Iowa, you know, by Seattle.  I am still laughing. 
Now back to watch the BSU game. Go Broncos!