Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Did you say upgrade

This morning we got up to the awesome sound of the ocean. Knowing back home it snowed makes it even better.  We had a great breakfast. The fruit is so fresh and yummy, I just love it.  I am not even worrying about my diet while I am here so I had a delicious omelette with my fruit.

We decided to do the presentation today.  We were pretty set to tell them no thanks, we are done as we have so many times but........... Yep that's right we upgraded our membership to Presidential.  The Presidential suit is pretty awesome.  It is like a condo.  Our sincere desire and hope is to bring our kids and grandkids here for a family vacation.  Upgrading, puts us that much closer to that goal. It took most of the day taking care of it all.  We did have some lunch at our favorite rooftop grill though.  As part of the upgrade, we got a new room here.  A free upgrade.  We were going to upgrade anyway today but now we did it free.  I asked the guy if we upgraded our membership could we upgrade our room now and not wait until our next trip (knowing full well I would have to wait). He said we had to wait and then came back a few minutes later and said he would pay for the upgrade now......sweet.  Art talked to him about auctions. The guy said he wanted to start an auction here.  Art said give me an airline ticket and I will tell you how it is set up and works.  The next thing we know, we have two free airline tickets.  Too funny.

After we got back to our hotel, we switched rooms and then I dashed off to the spa for a manicure and pedicure.  I got to the spa and it was actually full of men.  It made me think of Art. Some of you will remember the pedicure last time we were here.  Art screamed when they filed his feet.  Well... he refused to do it again. While I was thinking about how funny it was,  no kidding, the guy across from me let out a scream.  I was a goner.  Embarrassed, he said in a very southern drawl, everyone said he would love it but he begged to differ.  It was so funny.  

A lovely dinner and walk then back to the room. We sat on the deck for a little while and now we are ready to turn in.   Tomorrow we have hopes of beach time.  Can you believe we have been in paradise for more than 24 hours and have yet to put our swimming suits on?  Goodness......Tomorrow!

No comments: