Saturday, September 5, 2026

Day of Rest

 Today was a day of rest …..on a Saturday.  We have been at sea all day so no excursions.

I failed to mention something.  Art is a huge lover of lamb chops. We often decide on a restaurant based on the fact they have lamb chops.  He was very excited when we were looking at the menus of restaurants  and one of them stated they had a night they serve lamb chops.  Woohoo.!  Well we have watched every day for it  to show up and nothing ….. But all wasn't lost.  A few days ago we were  getting our breakfast and  they had a sign you could order them with your breakfast.  I thought praise the saints.  But this is a conversation Art and I had 

Art : I can order lamb chops for breakfast

Me: Awesome are you going to do it

Art:  Not for breakfast…that’s a dinner food

Me:  They have breakfast steak.  Maybe this is breakfast chops

Art:  It just seems wrong. I don’t  think my system can do it

Me Okay but I think you should try

Art:  I don’t think I can

Well…a couple day after that he bit the bullet and ordered it…..and his system did so well he has order every day since.  And the restaurant finally offered them for dinner tonight and he got them.  They were good but he likes the breakfast chops better.  Lamb chops …..the new bacon.

We went to a name that tune game.  We aren’t very good at it but thought what the heck.  Our new friends were there as well and I told Art we should have teamed up with them as we found out he sings with two groups and he knows songs pretty well. But there weren’t any chairs by them and we had scored primo seats.  We had a possibility of 30 points.  Surprisingly, we got 17 points we felt pretty good about it.  Our friends scored 10 points .  We felt especially good after hearing that. 

We went to a couple presentations. One with the Professor from Cambridge.  He is really good.  And another one about Pompeii.  It is a great story.  If you are unfamiliar I am happy to tell you or you can look it up.  The presenter shared the story and he was terrible telling it.  It drove me nuts.  You can say a story or tell a story….he said the story.  It was too bad too because his very first slide he said you can relate history and folks eyes glaze over so he was  going to drop the HI and tell a story.  My gosh he was terrible at it.  A story teller he is not.    

One cool thing.  Tonight we went to the show.  It was the house band with a few singers.  It was great. After the show, we all went on the deck.  We went past the volcano Stromboli. It is off coast of Sicily.  It is an active volcano.  We got to watch it spew out lava.  It was pretty cool to see.  

Tomorrow we have an early excursion so to bed for us.

No comments: