We got to our new port this morning around 7:30. We timed it just right to go to breakfast. When we arrived, there were only a couple of couples there but by the time we were half way through our breakfast, the place was completely full.
We got on our bus about 8:15. Off to Pisa we went. I have seen pictures and I have learned trivia about the leaning tower of Pisa and now I was going to see it in real life. I could hardly contain my excitement. It is awesome. Not only does it lean but all the other buildings in the square and the protecting wall lean as well. I was surprised how white it is. After the tour we had some free time. We went to a restaurant so I could use the bathroom. If you get something you can use the bathroom for free. Our Aussie friends joined us. We have had the same tour together with the exception of the Vatican City. Even thought it was only 11:00 I ordered a slice of pizza. Holy smokes it was the best pizza I have ever eaten. No kidding it was amazing. I have been reminiscing ever since. Poor Art I think he is tired of hearing about how good it was. We also got some ice cream. It was delicious ice cream.
We decided to take the shuttle to town after lunch. I needed a belt as I had to keep pulling my pants up. We went to a shop and I got a belt and…….some very cute green sandals.
Tonight was an out door BBQ and dance party. We went to a presentation about Monaco and Grace Kelly so we were a little late getting there and all the tables were taken so we found our Aussie friends and sat with them. It was so fun! The BBQ was good and the on board band play after dinner. They played several songs from the 70s. Perfect for the demographics of the folks on board. We even dance to a few songs. I just loved it. After walking all day and dancing tonight, I hope we will be able to walk tomorrow. We have a tour that is extra walking.
Something I forgot to mention yesterday. My mom used to say that a man in town taught her and her siblings how to count to ten in Spanish. But what she said was not completely Spanish. When we were on our tour yesterday, the guide needed to make sure everyone was accounted for . She started counting .. Una, dos, tre, octtim …… she was counting like my mom would. Art and I looked at each other and said Wavie was speaking Italian. Who knew? mystery solved.
Now to bed. Early morning tomorrow and lots walking…..if we a still can walk after this day.

No comments:
Post a Comment