Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Did we split

We woke this morning in Split.  What a quaint place.  We got up early and went for breakfast.  Yes ….yes I did have an omelet again today.  And yes it was as good as yesterday. Sadly they didn't”t have the fresh chocolate donut.  Today was coconut donuts with coconut  flakes…. Not for me. 

After breakfast we gathered for our tour.  It was a walking tour.  It was a beautiful day (interpretation..it was hot).  We walked to the Diocletian Palace.  It was built between 295 and 305 AD by Emperor Diocletian.  I will admit I didn’t know who it was prior to going but when I heard it was where Game of Thrones was filmed I knew what they were talking about.  The emperor had it built to celebrate his retirement.  It took 10 years to build.  We were surprised that it only took 10 years.  The place is huge. Our tour guide was long winded he went way over the time allowed and by the time he was done over half the folks in our group had bailed.  We bailed  (or I should say we split) and went and got ice cream.  There is a huge shopping area in the palace with multiple shops.  We had our ice cream and got back and the guy still wasn’t done.  

We did get back in time to have a late lunch on the ship.  We ate at the poolside grill.  After lunch we hung out at the pool for a couple hours then went to the spa and did the cold plunge.  At first I last about 30 seconds  but then I got up to a full minute fully in.  I did do waist down and could stay in for over three minutes.  They also have a snow room that is like a sauna in reverse.  It has ice all over and is really really cold.  I could do that way easier.  Then we spent some time in the hot tub.  It actually was quite rejuvenating.  It helped our tired legs and feet from all the walking.  I had to laugh as my watch kept sending messages that I had exceeded my steps in walking. No wonder they were tired. We are going to try and do the spa plunge again tomorrow.

We had a lovely dinner. We sat by some great folks.  On one side, it was a guy who had aphasia and his companion was a good friend. They were from New Zealand and we learned all about them and on the other side was a couple from Virginia and we really enjoyed visiting with them.  So much so we were the last four to leave the restaurant.    

Now we are tucked in a ready to call it a day.  Another early day full of walking. 

No comments: