Saturday, January 26, 2008

Is My Hair Dyed or Not

Hair is such a funny thing. I have decided it can be quite controversial. A couple of years ago I decided to stop dying my hair. I started in my early twenties as I had a lot of gray hair. I did it myself for a long time. Then when I couldn't keep up, I decided to have it done professionally. I did that for a long time as well. Then I decided it was expensive and a pain. When my hairdresser told me she could no longer get some spots to color I thought, that is it. So I stopped. My best friends asked me not to stop and said they didn't understand why I wanted to look old. But I went gray. When I asked my darling Don what he thought he smiled and said "I am in love with you not your hair so it really doesn't matter what color it is." Then I did acupuncture for my thyroid. Surprise my hair started to go dark again. HMMMMM. I started out in this world as a blond, not sure why it couldn't have gone that way again. It can't seem to make up it's mind. In fact, in high school I had reddish hair. No I didn't dye it. In my senior picture my hair is red. Then it went dark again. O.K. I digress. Anyway my hair is dark underneath. When I pull my hair up in a ponytail or barrettes it looks dark. When I wear it down it looks more gray (except my bangs always seem to look dark). My right side is a lot more gray then the left side. In fact, it looks like before and after, that is how drastically different it is. So to those who are convinced I dye my hair.....sorry you are so wrong. To those who are wondering...now you know. To those who realize it has a mind of it's own ........you are right, it is NOT dyed. Now it has stopped growing........that is another story for another post.

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Now you know why in my perfect world everyone would be bald! :) Not sure that Doctor will ever be convinced, he doesn't know you as well as I.

Trixie L'Amour said...

I can certainly relate to hair being a topic of conversation...I can believe everything you say about the color and changes, and I say it might be too good to be true about the not growing thing...you could save a lot of money on haircuts!!!! I like your hair no matter the color, style, or length....