Monday, June 16, 2008

Forgot My Journal

Well here I am in Florida. In the plane here I realized I forgot my travel journal. I take it whenever Don and I travel. Don suggested I blog it. So sorry readers my next few blogs will be about our trip.

Don is attending a conference in Ft Lauderdale Fl and I came along as his carry on if you will. We left on Saturday afternoon. Brent, Marykate, and Reagan took us to the airport. We flew to Salt Lake for a 30 minute wait and then on to Florida. We arrived at 11:30 pm and after getting our rental car we arrived at our hotel room about 1:00 am. We were tired.

Up Sunday at 7:00 am for a nice continental breakfast. Then we went to Walgreens for a few things and drove around the area. We saw the missionaries. Let me stop the travel log for a sec. The missionaries were on bikes......yes a bike with two wheels. But not a bicycle a motorcycle. They were on crotch rockets. I thought it was a one time thing and crazy fun but then I some more later. Tough mission, motorcycles, nice weather. Almost make me want to sign up. I said almost.

Back to the trip. Don went to the conference in the afternoon. He took the shuttle. I walked him to the shuttle pick up so I would know where to go when it was my time to go. I laughed as it was like I was taking a child to the bus on the first day of school. I spent the day at the pool with my book. I didn't get a lot read because several folks came up to me and started to talk. Not sure why that happens but I do enjoy it. I met some really nice folks. Then I got on the shuttle bus and met Don at the conference for a meet and greet. The conference is huge. I have never been to such a big conference. I think Don told me there were about 5000 people attending. Then after getting back to the hotel we went for a walk on the beach. It was so fun to spend some time with my darling PC. We had a quick drink and then back to our room for popcorn and bed. ah, it felt like home. (we have popcorn at home in the evenings) I talked on the phone with Christmas, Brent, and my folks.

Today I got up and had breakfast with my PC and then he was off to the conference. I walked to the beach and played in the ocean a little but spent most of the day at the pool. I read my book. I swam in the pool for about an hour. I talked with Christmas and Brent on the phone. Then after lunch I swam a little more. Some teenage kids asked me to play volleyball with a beach ball in the pool with them. My team won of coarse. It was fun and I was thrilled and surprised they asked me to play. Dark clouds moved in and the thunder started so I headed back to my room to get ready for tonight. We are going to a BBQ.

More later.

2 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

sigh.....it sounds heavenly....just heavenly....you are SO lucky!

Mrs. Doctor said...

I'm glad we get to hear all about your trip....don't worry about me in my little house doing laundry and cooking and cleaning. :)