Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Am A Lucky Grandma.

I haven’t posted for a while as I have been away playing grandma. And play I did. It was kinda a whirlwind. I got there one day we went to the circus the next and then my newest little bundle of joy came the next. Megaman was born. He is so tiny and sweet. He looks a lot like his oldest sister but the funny thing he looks an awful like his cousin Miss R. They truly could be siblings. They both have the small features and same coloring. I came home and looked at Miss R’s baby pictures and they look a lot alike.

I got to attend Princess’s school circus where she was smiley the clown and go on a field trip with Dude to the stream. I was responsible for Dude and 6 of his classmates. Honey bunch loves to be pushed on the swing so I did a lot of pushing.

I made it home in time for Miss R’s very 1st birthday. I can hardly believe she is already one. It is fun to watch her learn and discover new things. So far I have been to every grandchilds 1st birthday.

I am a very lucky grandma. I am so glad that all my grandkids enjoy having me around. As I think back at my grandparents, I really didn’t know them well enough to be excited when they came and sad to see them go. They were older and spent all their time visiting with my folks. My grandma spent one winter with us and I played cards with her in the evenings but other than that I didn’t play with my grandparents or spend much time with them. So I am so glad that I can build a special fun lasting relationship with all my grandkids. One that we are excited to see each other and sad when it is over. I love all 5 so very much. As I said I am a lucky grandma.

Now I am back home with my darling PC or as Honeybunch called him “your friend”. And he is… in fact my best friend.

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

We are the lucky ones!!! Thanks again for coming and doing all that you did. We can't wait for the next visit.

MKB said...

I agree with mrs. doctor...we are the lucky ones!!!