Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Guess I Really Am Old

After getting up this morning I felt something nipping at my ankles. It was quite annoying so I looked down and it was my behind. I was definitely dragging butt. Hmmm I guess I really am old.

I spent yesterday playing with Reagan. We had such a good time. We played in the hot tub (I think it is the favorite for all the grandkids), ran around, went for a walk, dug in the dirt and were just busy all day. And then I headed to slumber party. Yes I said a slumber party. The young women at church wanted to have a slumber party for their activity. As it was one that I had not planned I new thankfully I might add that I would not have to stay the whole night. This was good because I knew with my health, I can no longer stay up all night and function with no sleep. In fact, I end up getting sick when I do. When I mentioned to the girls that I wouldn't be spending the entire night as I didn't have a sleeping bag, several offered to loan me one. Brent and Marykate even offered me one of theirs. The girls wanted me to stay and sleep in the tent designated for the girls. I laughed and said sleep???? You guys are really planning on sleeping? I knew better. My plan was to stay until midnight at the very latest. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans. Yeah. The leaders in charge had activities planned for most of the night. We had a great time. I can't remember when I laughed so much and so hard. My sides still hurt today from laughing. It did remind me of being young and having slumber parties with my friends. I stayed until 2:30 a.m. When it was time to watch a movie I bugged out and found my way home to bed. They were going to watch a movie and then scrapbook. I hope they made it through the movie. They were sad to see me go which between you me and the fence post it made me feel good that they wanted me to stay. Now for today..........Oh! Did anyone say it was time for bed?

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

I'm tired just reading about it. I had you for a leader, so I know how lucky those girls are. I'm glad you had such a great time!

Trixie L'Amour said...

Well, I thought I was the drag queen, but this beats me by a mile!
I haven't slumbered at a party in many a year...I say "Goon on ya, girl!" If I wore a hat, it would be off right now....to you! You are the best and they are so fortunate to have you!