Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today's Events

Well I got up and had breakfast with my darling PC. Then he was off to the conference and I was off to the beach. I held a moment of silence again for my sister. She would really love it here. Then back to the pool. I swam some laps and then settled in a comfy lounge chair for some reading. I stayed by the pool until the rain forced me in. Then once it stopped raining I was back out. I talked to Brent. He gave me an update on the house being built next door. We appreciate him keeping an eye on things for us while we are away. Don was done with the conference at noon. As soon as he got back we took a water taxi around the town. It rained the whole time. We stopped at a nice place called Charlies Crab for lunch. I had Shrimp trio (scampi, grilled, and coconut) and Don had Salmon and grilled shrimp. The taxi captain gave us a coupon for a free dessert so we had a chocolate truffle cake with ice cream. It was very rich and decadent. We spent the afternoon on the water taxi. Then we went to the mall. (it was even Don's idea). Not much for us so we drove out a ways to an outlet mall. It was the biggest mall. We were there an hour an a half and only saw a fourth of it. Don got some new shorts and a shirt. We had dinner at the food court. Then back to the hotel to pack and get ready for our drive to Crystal River to see Uncle Carmen.

3 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

You spent an hour an a half at an outlet mall?!?! Is Dad feeling ok? :)

MKB said...

Not only did you spend an hour and a half at a mall but he bought a shirt and shorts for retail!?! The sun must be really getting to him.

Trixie L'Amour said...

It sounds like this has been a wonderful vacation....I'm so glad you forgot your journal....I do love a good pool, but I think it would have been hard to drag me away from the beach....that's where I would have parked for the duration....
Looking forward to a good long chat when you get home....and by the way....did you get anything at the Outlet Mall???????