Monday, November 10, 2008

Cancun-day 3

Can you say Aaarrrgggg Matey. Or as Dude would say Aaarrrgggg Marty and Miss R would give her pirate look. We were so busy today. We started with room service at 6:00 am. It was so yummy. Then off to the paradise tour. We rode the bus to the state park. There we got on a boat to go snorkeling in the ocean. Don was a little sea sick and Shawna didn't want to get in the water so they stayed on the boat. It worked out fine as neither one of them enjoy the water that much. Dan and I joined the others and jumped off the side of a perfectly good boat. Oh dear that jump is a little scary when you first look down and see how far you have to jump. I made Dan go first. When Dan jumped in he lost his breathing tube. One of the workers dove under the boat to retrieve it for him. We saw a lot of cool fish and even saw a big sea turtle. Very Cool. My legs were so tired after swimming for 1 1/2 hours in the ocean they felt like jello but I loved it. Then we (Don, Dan, and Shawna) all got in speed boats. The one Don and I were in died when we started to head out. But fortunately they were able to get it started again after a while. Then out to the ocean we sped. You see I said it was a speed boat not a slow boat. My goodness we went flying through the water. We were riding the waves. We even picked up some air and boy I wish we had some more padding on our seat as we went kerthunk back down. I thought we might roll the boat a few times but Don assured me later it was pretty safe. It was a blast. Then we went 4 wheeling in the jungle. The mosquitoes were thick and my legs and arms got bit a lot. Then when we had lunch. A couple of guys were playing their guitars and singing and they came to our table and put sombreros on our heads and sang the song Don requested. (for those familiar with the fritos bandito song, that was it) . Fun. Then back to the hotel. We were dirty. I had salt from the ocean and dirt from 4 wheeling. Oh my goodness the hot shower felt so good. Don and I had a drink on the balcony and then headed down to the lobby bar sitting area to wait for Dan and Shawna. Then we had a great dinner and I'll be darned we got sang to again. The singers consisted of two women and a man. They sang beautifully. We bought their CD. Don and Shawna had more Mexican coffee and yes they enjoyed it as much as yesterday. Then off to the show. It was celebrity night. The dancers and entertainment team were great. We loved the show. Now after a full day and tons to eat we are full and tired so off to bed to rest so we will be able to go again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

Really? The Frito Bandito Song??? Awesome!

Mrs. Doctor said...

Were the people singing an older man with his daughters? If so, they are awesome! We had freezing rain/snow mix today........sure would be nice to be snorkeling in the ocean! Can't wait to hear about today's adventures.