Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dolphin Day

Since my phone wasn't working right, after working out I signed on to my email accounts via the computer. I had a lot of emails to take care of and spent almost 2 hours working on emails. Yes some of it was business. I also talked to verizon to get my phone fixed. They had to reset it.......again.

But then the fun began. I decided to take the dolphin tour. With dolphins being my favorite, I couldn't not go. When I went to purchase my ticket, I saw they were going out much earlier today then they did yesterday. I got the last ticket on the boat. I spent most of the morning walking around and stopping to listen to the street musicians. It was nice. I wasn't sure where to go to get on the boat for the dolphin tour so I walked to the place about a 40 minutes early. I met the boat captain and first mate. They were very nice young guys. We got to talking, laughing and cutting up and had so much fun. At one point the first mate wiped the tears from his eyes and between laughing asked me if I had ever done stand up comedy. I told him every time I stood up was a comedy. Just ask my family. When the captain went to the boat to get it ready to go, he asked me if I would like to go with him and have a tour. I told him I would love to. So to the boat we went. The rest of the group gathered in line so the captain told me if anyone asked I was his sister. I told him the gray hair was deceiving but a dead give away and I was old enough to be his mom. He told me I couldn't be his mom because I didn't have an accent. In my best southern voice I told him I could be southern. He told me I sounded better than his mom and she was from here. We settled in on me being his aunt. The hitch was I had to spend the whole afternoon speaking with an accent. He even introduced me as his aunt and talked to me several times addressing me as Aunt. It was hilarious. He even asked everyone to say goodbye to me. A couple of people asked me about where I living and about me, so I made up a story of how I was from here and I had moved west but I missed home so I came for a visit. Gads!!!! But..... we saw a ton of dolphins. There must have been about 50. There were some babies and they were so cute. They played and entertained us for a couple of hours. It was the best afternoon. I had so much fun.

I went with Don to a reception for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and lively audit talk. And yes I enjoyed it. I visited with some very interesting people. Then we went to dinner. It started to thunder and lightning again so we are safely tucked in our hotel room. Overall this was just a fabulous day. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

Classic Granelda!!!! Just classic!

Mrs. Doctor said...

"lively audit talk?" Hum......sounds like an oxy moron to me, but ok, whatever. :) Glad you had such a fabulous day! Did you get a picture with your nephew?