Thursday, June 18, 2009

Walk Walk Walk

While getting ready for the day, I broke a finger nail. In the words of the wicked witch of the east "Curses". Since I didn't have a file with me I went to the hotel gift shop to buy one. The lady at the gift shop was so friendly and helpful. She gave me a little map and told me the things I needed to see and do. One the list was to have lunch at Wilkes Boarding house. It sounded like a fun place and only a mile walk so I decided that is what I would do.

After working out at the fitness center, I headed out stopping at several places on my way to the boarding house and everywhere I stopped someone would tell me I needed to have lunch at the boarding house. I thought I would find the place and then go back for lunch but when I found it there was a long line already so I decided I had better just get in line. I met some fun folks in line and there were several wounded soldiers there. They were all missing limbs. I talked to one guy who lost both legs and an arm. I thanked him for his sacrifice and he told me his only regret was he couldn't go back and finish. That is a hero. Anyway the food was great and a lot of it. You sit family style and the food is on the table. Lots and lots of food. Did I mention it was a lot food? They served sweet tea instead of water so I asked our sweet waitress if I could trouble her for some water and she was so surprised I didn't want the tea and then others at my table asked for water as well. I said see what I started and she laughed. She was so sweet so I thanked her for a fun time when I left and before I could get out the door she came up to me and told me I was a beautiful lady.

Then I walked all around the historical district. They have some nice park areas. Then I walked the river walk. It has a lot of fun shops. Don and I had dinner then we went for another walk on the river walk and stopped for an ice cream cone.

I did a ton of walking and saw a lot of beautiful places. I really like Savannah. It is a beautiful city and the folks are incredibly friendly.

I discovered my phone isn't working....again. Curses.

No comments: