Sunday, June 14, 2009

Memories in the Making

I have often said how much I enjoy spending time with my grandkids. They make me smile and laugh. I hope they enjoy the time I spend with them as much as I do. I hope when they have grandchildren of their own and look back at the time we spent together, they have great memories and know how much I love them.

Dude and I were recently playing pirates having a sword fight and here is our conversation:

Dude: Arg you scurvy dog
Me: I am going to make you walk the plank
Dude: Yeah, I am going to make YOU walk the plank
Me: Arg you scurvy dog
Dude: Arg you filthy ox
I was so surprised by his reply all I could do is laugh.......and walk the plank.

I spent Miss R's birthday with her. After a fun filled day at the park and burger king she was so tired she needed to take a break. She held her arms out to me and said "Mama I hold you please". I scooped her up and she fell fast asleep in my arms. I hope she always wants to hold me.

Princess, Honey Bunch and I were playing beauty shop. I was the person doing their nails. We went to the store and bought finger nail polish and got all set up at home to do their nails. I told them my name was Freida and I decided it would be fun to disguise my voice and talk with an accent. I forgot some tissues to wrap around their toes so when I left the room to get some some and I heard this conversation.

Honey Bunch: What is wrong with grandma's voice?
Princess: I don't know. I have never heard her talk like that before.
Honey Bunch: Me either.
a few seconds later
Princess: But she's fun
Honey Bunch: really fun

I even got Megaman to warm up to me and I got lots of great hugs and kisses.

2 comments:

Mrs. Doctor said...

Wow, what cute grandchildren you have! :) They adore you, that's for sure.

cricket said...

You the best!!!!!! And those grandkids are the cutest!